- Lindfield Demonstration Primary School 1976-1981
- North Sydney Boys' High School 1982-1986
- Higher School Certificate 1986
- The University of Sydney 1987-1990
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) 1991
- The University of Sydney 1991-1993
- PhD (incomplete: discontinued)
- Dux of School 1981
- Dux of School 1986
- Higher School Certificate 1986:
- Subjects: 2 Unit English, 4 Unit Maths, Physics, Chemistry, 3 Unit Latin
- Scaled aggregate mark: 485
- 1987 Results
- Mathematics I: High Distinction
- Physics I: High Distinction
- Philosophy I: Distinction
- Computer Science I: High Distinction
- 1988 Results
- Pure Mathematics II: High Distinction (fourth in year)
- Physics II: High Distinction (first in year)
- Computer Science II: High Distinction (second in year)
- German IB: Distinction
- 1989 Results
- Pure Mathematics III: High Distinction (third in year)
- Physics III: Distinction
- 1990 Results
- Computer Science IV: First Class Honours
Prizes and Awards
- 1982-1986: Prizes in Westpac Mathematics Competition
- 1983 + 1984: First in state in Uniscan science competition
- 1986: Attended National Mathematics Summer School
- 1987: Prize for applied mathematics
- 1987-1989: Prizes for physics
- 1989: Attended National Earth Sciences Summer School
- "Development, Ethical Trading, and Free Software", Danny Yee, First Monday, 1999, Vol. 4 No. 12.
- "Determination of the Radial Coordinate of Cys-374 in F-Actin Using
Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer Spectroscopy: Effect of Phalloidin
on Polymer Assembly",
Pierre D.J. Moens, Daniel J. Yee, Cristobal G. dos Remedios,
Biochemistry, 1994, 33, 13102-13108.
- "A Fast Distributed Algorithm for Minimum Weight Spanning Trees", Daniel Yee, 1992, Australian Computer Science Communications 14, 1005.
- Speech at Australian Press Council seminar (5th September 1996)
Employment and Activities Record
- 1992-present Freelance book-reviewer
- 1994-2010 Computer Systems Manager for the School of Medical Sciences at the University of Sydney
- 1996-2010 Board member of Electronic Frontiers Australia
- 1995-2010 Performing member of Sydney's Langen Suka gamelan ensemble
- 1995-2002 Volunteer webmaster for Oxfam Community Aid Abroad
- 1998 Participant, Community Aid Abroad Community Leadership Program (India)
- 1994 Tutor for Department of Computer Science: teaching C to 3rd year Electrical Engineering students (one semester)
- 1992 Tutor for Department of Computer Science: 1st year introduction to computer systems (one semester)
- 1991 Marking for Department of Computer Science: 1st year final exams
- 1989 Tutor for Department of Pure Mathematics: 2nd year linear algebra (one semester)
- 1988/89 Programmer in Department of Pure Mathematics: coding and documenting MATRIX and Cayley/Magma teaching materials (6 weeks)
- 1988/89 Programmer in Department of Computer Science: rewriting a B-tree based database package (in C) to support disk indexing (8 weeks)
- 1988 Vacation scholarship in Department of Pure Mathematics: differential topology (4 weeks)
- 1984 Work Experience in Department of Electrical Engineering, Sydney University: wiring a voice synthesis board (2 weeks)
- Book Reviewing
I am a freelance reviewer and have written over 1000 reviews in the last fifteen years. I review books on a regular basis for publishers including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Routledge, the MIT Press, Cambridge University Press, and the University of Chicago Press. My reviews are available on the Web.
I have been a member of Sydney University bushwalking club from 1987 to the present. I maintain an Australian Bushwalking Page on the WWW.
Bridge (member of NSW state youth team, 1994), chess (runner up, Australian Junior Chess championship 1987), and network computer games (member International Netrek League Council, 1993).
I am a member of the Sydney University gamelan ensemble. I maintain an Australasian gamelan directory.
Available on request.